Cloud And Colocation Is A Voice And Data Circuit Broker For Point To Point Circuits. Request a price quote below.
Point to Point Circuit – Connects multiple locations and creates a private data network offering that offers higher security and end to end control than a network that traverses the public internet.
Businesses use point to point networks to create reliable and secure routes and to guarantee that networks are redundant. Other advantages for some companies and carriers include the possibility of lower overall cost for larger networks and the ability to forecast supply and availability in cases where capacity may be limited by the use of long-term supply agreements where carriers contract to provide the service over an extended period of time at a contracted price.
Advantages of point to point networks may include quality of service control and the ability to use the bandwidth for a variety of uses, as the circuits can be configured to carry any combination of video, internet, or voice traffic based upon customer demand between two or more points on the network using the same point to point connection. Whether the circuit is referred to as a point to point dedicated connection, private line, or leased line, a point to point circuit is sold as a data line with a range of capacity, usually sold as an Ethernet connection, a point to point T1, DS1 or point to point DS3. Outside of the US and in most wholesale and larger enterprise transactions buyers usually contract to purchase bandwidth by the gigabit, or as a point to point E1.
Point to Point Data Services
Point to Point T1 Service
- Point to Point T1 Service is a private data connection securely connecting two or more locations with T1 data speeds (1.54 Mbps). A T1 point to point circuit is a closed network data transport service which does not traverse the public Internet and is inherently secure with no data encryption needed.
- Ensures reliable, secure transport of high-volume communications between 2 locations
- Aggregates point-to-point voice, data, and video traffic on a single dedicated, cost-effective circuit
- Improves response time
- Point to Point T1 services are available in higher bandwidth speeds such as point to point Ethernet or point to point DS3. A point to point DS3 is equal to 28 point to point T1s and generally considerably less expensive on a per circuit basis, if an application or project is forecasted to require more than a dozen or so T1 circuits. Consult with Cloud and Colocation about how to manage a point to point DS3 and make the best use of the 28 T1 circuits that make up a DS3 based upon your need for a combination of services that can include VOIP, various configurations of data circuits, including data circuits that provide internet services, and applications that require larger amounts of bandwidth such as video.
- A point to point connection provides dedicated bandwidth, and as such, the quality of service (QoS) is predictable as it is not a shared service (a private line) and follows the same direct private network path every time. Point to Point T1 circuits are used by businesses to provide reliable, secure point to point T1 data service for applications including credit card processing, file sharing, data backup, point to point VOIP, and video conferencing. A T1 or DS3 point to point circuit can also be configured to carry voice, video, Internet, and data services together over the same point to point T1 connection. Point to Point T1 service is also known as a Point to Point DS1 or DS3, T1 or DS3 Private Line, T1 or DS3 Leased Line, or Data T1 or DS3.
Point to Point Circuit
Point to Point Ethernet Service
Point to Point Ethernet Service is a private data connection securely connecting two or more locations with Ethernet data speeds. A point to point Ethernet circuit by definition is provisioned as a closed network data transport service which does not traverse the public Internet. Typically, smaller enterprise customers can connect multiple offices using bandwidth speeds in the 100 Mpbs range, and for larger enterprise and government accounts networks that utilize transmission speeds in the range of 200 Mbps to 1,000 Mbps.
10 Gigabit Ethernet transmission speeds using meshed networks are the de facto standard for more demanding and mission critical applications, such as transmission between data center and carrier accounts, high-speed trading desks and the financial services market, where milliseconds are gained using colocation to generate high-speed algorithmic trading, or internet exchanges.
Metro Ethernet Service
DS3 Private Line Service
Ethernet Private Line Service
T1 Leased Line Service
International Private Line Service
T1 Private Line Service
Leased Line Circuit Services
Leased Line Circuit Services are data connections used to connect multiple network points or locations with dedicated data connectivity. A dedicated leased line circuit operates over a closed network data transport architecture which doesn’t traverse the public Internet. Leased Lines are available in a full range of bandwidth speeds including T1 leased line, Ethernet leased line, and are commonly ordered or quoted as a DS3 leased line and up to OC3, OC12 or OC 48. Lease Line services provides unparalleled quality of service (QoS) as it is not a shared service and follows the same direct dedicated leased line network path every time. Leased Line connectivity is used by enterprise and most interconnected networks of any size to provide predictable, secured point to point data services for applications. Lease Line circuits often are configured to carry voice, video, Internet, and data services together over the same dedicated leased line network connection. Dedicated Leased Lines are also sold as Private Lines, Point to Point Circuits, Lease Lines, or referred to as Data Lines.
Cloud and Colocation.com is a carrier broker with access to the best possible data service prices. Our customers have access to volume discounted pricing on over 100 regional and global carriers, making it less expensive to purchase data services through CloudAndColocation.com than purchasing direct from a provider. Whether you are seeking new data services due to relocation or are simply looking for a change in carriers, using our services will undoubtedly improve your bottom line. Let us generate a free quote for any upgraded data services you may need, free of charge.